Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Spiraling Downward

I have really started to do my homework on a lot of stuff that has gone on in the last hundred years or so with our national government. I have a degree in political science, so I have always been interested in politics, but it has not been until the last few months that I have really been researching things. What I have found is that our nation has been heading in the wrong direction for the last hundred years. This is very disturbing to me and if you want to know what things kind of started it all I would encourage you to look at entitlement programs, into the Federal Reserve, and into the constitutional rulings that have been issued by the Supreme Court. I know this may sound overwhelming, but you need to know these kind of things to know how much of your freedoms have actually been infringed upon. I will do as much as I can through this blog to take you on the journey that I have been on and the first thing I would recommend is to read the book titled, "Who Killed the Constitution?" It is a little on the legal side but in terms you can understand. It is an excellent look at the dismantling of our constitution. Each person must pay attention to their local elections and their state elections. Be sure you know the issues you are voting on and the people you are voting on. The states have more power than the federal government, yet we have not empowered our state officials to exercise these powers. We must empower our local officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment